In 2013, Dr. Oz sat down with Diane Sawyer to talk about how vitamin deficiency is an underrated cause of hair loss. According to Oz, the most important vitamin when it comes to hair growth is biotin. Following Oz’s interview, word about biotin spread across the world. People experiencing hair loss rushed to buy biotin shampoos.
Today, Nourish Beauté’s VITAMINS Shampoo is one of the hottest biotin-based shampoos on the market. Fans of VITAMINS love it because it contains over 20 different vitamins that are supposed to be good for your hair. But does this hair loss prevention shampoo really work?
To find out, we combed through the latest medical studies, watched lots of video blog reviews and examined scores of comments left by people who had purchased this product.
Read on to find out what we learned about VITAMINS Shampoo from Nourish Beauté.
The Science Behind VITAMINS Shampoo
Twenty five years ago, if you were losing hair the only real way to deal with the problem was to accept your situation. There were many anti-balding products out there, but none of them really worked. Since then, science has come a long way.
Listed below are two of this shampoo’s most important ingredients.
Biotin Helps Women Regrow Hair
The most interesting vitamin in Nourish Beauté’s VITAMINS shampoo is biotin. A 2012 study published in The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology proved that biotin is especially effective at helping women regrow hair. Women are more prone to biotin deficiency than men, especially after pregnancy. Biotin supplements and hair loss products help biotin deficient women get healthy again.
Procapil™ Reduces Male Pattern Baldness
Another interesting ingredient contained in this shampoo is Procapil. Procapil is a brand new hair loss compound developed by a British company called Croda International Plc. Few people have heard of Procapil in the United States, but it’s a very popular hair loss additive in Europe.
Procapil works by inhibiting DHT– a side product of testosterone that kills hair follicles on the scalp. DHT overproduction is the major cause of hair loss in men. Nourish Beauté’s website links to a study about Procapil. In a clinical trial, 67% of the volunteers who tried a Procapil shampoo experienced hair regrowth.
Other Ingredients in Nourish Beauté’s VITAMINS Biotin Shampoo
In addition to the two main ingredients listed above, VITAMINS contains many other ingredients that help regrow hair. Listed below are 3 more interesting all-natural ingredients found in this shampoo.
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil doesn’t help you regrow hair. However, coconut oil does thicken the hair you do have. Coconut oil is found in many top-of-the-line hair care products, so we were pleased to see it listed on the back of VITAMINS shampoo.
- Olive leaf extract. In 2014, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences found that an olive leaf extract called oleuropein helped heal skin wounds faster. A follow up 2015 study published in the scientific journal PLOS One revealed that olive leaf extract helped mice regrow hair.
- Parsley. Apigenin is an organic compound found in parsley. Apigenin is known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-tumor properties. In 2009, researchers from the Biospectrum Life Science Institute found that apigenin also stimulates hair growth.
What Are YouTube Vloggers Saying?
Today, one of the best ways to introduce customers to a new shampoo is by sending free bottles popular YouTube vloggers. Input from YouTube’s health and beauty experts can make or break a product. Here is what they are saying about VITAMINS shampoo.
VITAMINS Helped Vlogger Monica Borowik Overcome Dermatitis
Monica Borowik has a huge, dedicated following online. Via Instagram, Twitter and YouTube, Borowik reviews hair and makeup products. Every day, she passes health and beauty advice along to her followers every day in the form of tweets, video blogs and infographics.
In a video blog post, Monica gave VITAMINS a five star review. In the post, she explains how she used to struggle with recurring dermatitis flare ups. During a dermatitis flare up, her scalp skin would becomes flaky and irritated. After using VITAMINS shampoo for two months, her dermatitis outbreaks stopped. Also, her hair grew four inches in just two months.
YouTube Vlogger Isotonic Also Liked VITAMINS Shampoo
After her children started pointing out her bald spots, YouTuber Isotonic decided to try VITAMINS shampoo. After only two weeks, she noticed that her hair seemed much thicker and healthier. Before using VITAMINS, Isotonic said that her hair was breaking off every time she tried to brush it. After using VITAMINS, she noticed much less hair on her brush after running it through her hair.
What do the Amazon Reviews Say?
When Amazon shoppers are trying to decide which product to buy, they look at reviews. Amazon’s review system helps identify good products. Negative Amazon reviews warn shoppers about products that don’t work as well as they should.
To help shoppers identify authentic reviews, Amazon attaches a verified purchase tag to reviews from trusted individuals. Let’s take a look at some verified reviews and see what we can find out about VITAMINS shampoo.
Frequent Positive Comments
- Longer hair. Amazon “top 500” reviewer Blue Rose is one of Amazon’s most trusted voices. After trying out VITAMINS shampoo, she noticed that her hair started getting longer. Additionally, many other women noticed that they could grow longer hair after a few weeks of using VITAMINs shampoo.
- It smells good. Many verified purchasers commented that they liked the way this shampoo smells. According to the reviews, VITAMINS shampoo has a fruity fragrance. Some reviewers said that it smelled like coconut.
VITAMINS currently has 1,168 reviews. 935 Amazon shoppers gave VITAMINS shampoo a four or five star review. Let’s look at a few common complaints from Amazon shoppers who gave VITAMINS a one, two or three star rating.
- It’s too expensive. Most of the negative comments about this shampoo had something to do with the price of the product. VITAMINS shampoo is expensive compared to normal shampoo products, but the price is about what you’d expect to pay for a hair loss prevention shampoo.
- It contains sulfates. Many commenters were put off by the fact that VITAMINS contains sulfates. Sulfates help shampoos lather. Some people worry that sulfates are bad for your health. Recent research seems to indicate that sulfates are safe. However, if you prefer sulfate-free shampoo you may want to consider other options.
How to Use VITAMINS
VITAMINS shampoo is safe to use every day. For best results, the makers of VITAMINS suggest washing at least 5 times a week.
The directions listed on the back of the bottle are simple. Just wet your hair and apply the shampoo. Next, rub your hair until you get a nice lather going. Leave the shampoo in for about three minutes. Finally, rinse your hair.
According to information from Nourish Beauté’s website, VITAMINS is compatible with other hair loss prevention topical oils.
Best Shampoo for Growing Long Hair?
According to lab experiments, hair follicles that are treated with caffeine grow longer, stronger hair strands. If you’re looking to improve your hair length, you may want to give Hair Surge a shot.
VITAMINS Is One of the Best Biotin Shampoos Out There
Out of all the many hair loss prevention shampoo products we’ve reviewed so far, VITAMINS ranks toward the top of the list.
If you’re looking for a high quality biotin shampoo, VITAMINS is about as good a product as you’re likely to find. Biotin is just one of many different vitamins contained in this product. We were pleased that we didn’t discover any harmful chemicals when we looked up each ingredient listed on the back of the bottle.
Each active ingredient is backed up by quality scientific research. We could only find a few studies about Procapil, but that’s probably because it’s new. The Procapil studies we were able to find seemed legitimate. All the other ingredients found in this product have been around for decades and have helped many people fight hair loss.
The response to this shampoo product has been amazing. We liked that we were able to find many video bloggers who were willing to endorse VITAMINS shampoo. We also were encouraged by the many positive things that Amazon reviewers had to say about this product.
The only bad thing about VITAMINS shampoo is the price tag. However, if you buy VITAMINS during a sale you can get a good deal. Most people who tried VITAMINS loved it. If you’re looking for a top of the line hair loss prevention product, VITAMINS is an excellent choice.