The makers of Pura D’or Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo claim that their product fortifies individual hair strands and helps heal damaged hair follicles. But does it really work? Though there are many hair loss shampoo products on the market, not all of them are effective. Let’s take a closer look and see what we can uncover.
What Do the Ingredients Do?
We liked that Pura D’or contains only natural, all-organic compounds and contains no industrial chemicals or preservatives that are known to cause allergic reactions.
Let’s take a look at three of the most interesting active ingredients found in Pura D’or Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo.
- Saw palmetto is a traditional herb used by Native Americans to treat prostate problems and to reverse balding. Scientists are still trying to figure out how it works, but they think it inhibits DHT– a side product of testosterone that shrinks hair follicles.
- Argan oil is a recently discovered medicinal plant oil from Morocco. For centuries, moroccans have been using it to make their hair look shiny. Moroccans also use argan oil to treat skin diseases like acne and dandruff. In 2007, just two types of shampoos contained argan oil. Today, hundreds of different hair products feature this all-natural medicinal plant oil.
- This shampoo also features nettle extract, which is yet another recently identified all-natural compound that reduces DHT production. In 2013, Iranian scientists proved that nettle extract helped men with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) get healthy again.
Most shampoos that contain these expensive, exotic natural oils cost over $40 per bottle, but Pura D’or’s shampoo costs just over $20 if you buy it on Amazon here
In addition to the three powerful oils listed above, Pura D’or’s shampoo includes a wide range of additional ingredients typically found in other hair loss prevention products including B vitamin complex, biotin and tuber fleeceflower extract. These compounds have been around for over a decade and are known to help strengthen hair follicles and facilitate hair health.
What Are Bloggers Saying About It?
Popular bloggers sometimes write product reviews about various health and beauty products. They usually get to try the products for free, in exchange for publishing an objective review.
- A popular blogger named Echo– known to her followers as the Mad Mommy— recently tried out Pura D’or’s Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo. Before she started using the shampoo, she took a picture of her hair, which was looking a little thin at the time. After using the shampoo for a while she took another photo, which revealed significant hair regrowth.
- Another popular blogger called Megan OCD reviewed Pura D’or’s hair loss prevention shampoo. Megan normally writes about her OCD issues, but she also sometimes writes about beauty and health products too. Megan doesn’t suffer from hair loss, so she couldn’t comment on whether or not the shampoo can help restore hair. However, she did enjoy the peppery scent of the shampoo and the way the argan oil made her hair look and feel after a wash.
What About Amazon Reviewers?
In order to weed out spammers and help shoppers make decisions, Amazon attaches a verified purchase tag to authentic reviews. Let’s check out a few verified reviews to see if we can get a feel for what people are saying about this product.
Common Positive Comments
- It prevents hair breakage. One reviewer named Rebecca noticed that the shampoo strengthened her hair and prevented it from breaking when she combs it. Rebecca’s observation was echoed by many other reviewers, so it seems like the shampoo really does help prevent hair breakage.
- No buildup. According to a verified review from a user named Babydancer, Pura D’or doesn’t leave your hair greasy like other hair loss prevention products. Similar statements were made by many other reviewers as well.
This product has a four star review on Amazon, indicating that most of the people who tried it liked it. However, there were a few recurring negative comments.
Common Negative Comments
- Broken pumps. A few of the customers complained that the pump stopped working before the shampoo ran out.
- It didn’t help men in the late stages of male pattern baldness. Some men who were already very bald tried the product and were disappointed in the results. This shampoo is designed to heal your scalp skin and prevent existing hair from breaking off. If your hair follicles are already damaged beyond repair, you won’t get results.
How to Use Pura D’or Shampoo
The instructional message on the back of the bottle didn’t reveal any big surprises. Even though the shampoo is designed to prevent hair loss, instructions indicate that this shampoo should be used in the same manner as any normal shampoo product.
To open the pump, you have to screw down the base first and then turn the nozzle counterclockwise to unlock it.
After wetting your hair, you’re supposed to apply enough shampoo to work up a lather. The manufacturer recommends leaving the shampoo in the hair for at least two minutes to allow the oils to soak in. When you’re ready to rinse, you’re supposed to wash your head with water until the soap is completely gone.
The Bottom Line
Saw palmetto, argan oil and nettle extract are three of our favorite hair regrowth oils, so we were happy to see them listed as ingredients on the back of the bottle. We also liked the fact that Pura D’or is registered with the Better Business Bureau and that Pura D’or’s Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo has been certified organic by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture).
Individually, these oils are expensive and high-quality distributors are hard to find. If you want to experiment with these oils but you don’t want to deal with the expensive hassle involved in searching for a trustworthy hair oil supplier, Pura D’or’s shampoo is worth a shot.
This shampoo is by no means a miracle cure for people who have already developed large bald spots but if your goal is to simply heal damaged hair follicles and prevent your hair from breaking off, the Pura D’or’s combination shampoo formula will help you get results.