The makers of Lipogaine say that their hair loss prevention shampoo is the number 1 rated shampoo of its kind. A quick Google search does in fact, reveal many positive reviews for this product. Further research revealed that Lipogaine really is one of the best selling shampoos on Amazon.
Still, just because a product is popular doesn’t mean that it really works. Does Lipogaine really deserve to be ranked among the best hair loss prevention shampoos? Don’t worry I have you covered. We reveal the truth about why guys love this product along with discussing the benefits, drawbacks and customer comments so you know why it’s the top rated hair loss shampoo. To find out if Lipogaine is everything that its supporters claim that it is, we decided to take a closer look.
What Are the “Big Three” Ingredients?
Instead of blending together a small amount of many different types of compounds, the makers of The makers of Lipogaine decided to focus on three. The minimalist approach makes sense. This shampoo only contains ingredients that everyone knows are effective at combating hair loss.
- Biotin. Biotin is an essential vitamin that enhances skin cell and nail cell health. In the 1990s, researchers found that certain foods cancel out biotin. If you don’t have enough of it, your hair and nails become brittle. People who aren’t getting enough biotin regrow hair after using biotin supplements and creams.
- Castor oil. Castor oil has long been used as a natural remedy to combat hair loss and help hair grow fast. It’s antibacterial and anti fungal properties make it beneficial against folliculitis, dandruff and scalp infections, the common cause for hair loss. Caster oil is rich in ricinoleic acid, which helps increase circulation to the scalp and improve hair growth. Ricinoleic acid also helps balance scalp pH and replenish the scalp’s natural oils and undo some of the damage of harsh chemical hair products. The antioxidants in castor oil also support the keratin in hair and help make hair stronger, smoother and less frizzy.
- Emu oil. Besides fungal overgrowth and malnutrition, a third cause of hair loss is inflammation. Lots of things can cause scalp skin to become inflamed. Skin diseases, allergic reactions, and sunburns are just a few of the most common causes of scalp inflammation. Emu oil is one of the most effective naturally occurring anti-inflammatory oils known to man. The western world discovered emu oil a decade ago, but the aborigines of Australia have been using it on their skin for centuries. According to UMass Lowell, recent experiments have shown that emu oil is even better than fish oil at reducing skin inflammation.
If you buy emu oil and biotin or castor oil separately, the costs add up quick. A small two-ounce bottle of emu oil alone can cost $30 or more. A good quality of 8 oz. biotin shampoo also costs about $30. Buying castor oil itself will not only cost more but it’s also inconvenient to use because it’s very greasy. However, if you order Lipogaine Big 3 anti-hair loss shampoo you can get an 8-ounce bottle of for just $25. It costs more compared to normal shampoo products, but it is a bargain if you consider the ingredients and what it can do for your hair loss.
What Are the Bloggers Saying?
Bloggers who command a big fan base are sometimes contacted by sellers of health and beauty products. In exchange for producing an unbiased review, they get to try a new shampoo, soap or makeup product for free.
- Chris from hairlossfromsteroids.com is a popular vlogger who makes videos about how his decision to use steroids almost ruined his life. Because hair loss is one of many side effects of steroid use, the makers of Lipogaine asked him to review their Lipogaine Big 3 shampoo product. Chris liked the makers of Lipogaine. In his video review, Chris reported that the Lipogaine Big 3 shampoo left his hair looking good, compared to other shampoos. He also said that it made his scalp skin look and feel healthier.
- After noticing that her hair was looking a little thin, YouTube vlogger Nesca Crespo decided to give Lipogaine a shot. After using Lipogaine Big 3 for a month, she noticed that her hair had stopped falling out in the shower. She came to the conclusion that the other conditioner she was using was bad for her scalp. Using Lipogaine Big 3 helped soothe the scalp skin inflammation she was experiencing as a result of using the other hair care product.
- New York fashion model Jason Lam— another popular YouTuber– also reviewed Lipogaine Big 3. When he moved to NYC in 2003, a journalist from Fader Magazine wrote that Jason had the best hair in the city. Ten years later, he noticed that his hair was starting to fall out. After three months of using Lipogaine’s Big 3 shampoo, Lam noticed new hairs beginning to sprout up around his hairline.
What do Amazon Shoppers Think?
Amazon’s famous review system helps prospective shoppers decide which product to buy. Rip-off products that earn bad reviews sink to the bottom, but products that everyone likes rise to the top.
In order to prevent spammers from misleading potential customers, Amazon appends a verified purchase tag to genuine reviews. Let’s see what some of Amazon’s most trusted reviewers are writing about Lipogaine’s Big 3 Hair Loss Prevention shampoo.
Frequent Positive Remarks
- The soap in the shampoo is mild and pleasant. Top rated reviewer J. Michaud said that the soap doesn’t leave grease behind. Other reviewers confirmed that this shampoo washes out nicely, leaving hair looking shiny and healthy.
- It has a fresh minty scent. Verified purchaser Diana Flores reported that the shampoo has a nice, refreshing minty scent. Other people also liked the scent. We couldn’t find anyone who complained about how this product smells in the negative comments section.
After more than 1000 reviews, Lipogaine’s Big 3 shampoo has a nearly perfect four-and-a-half star rating. At the time of this review, this shampoo had 1001 positive reviews and just 86 negatives.
- Unsure if it’s working. A few of the verified purchasers that gave 3-star reviews said that even though they liked this product, they were unsure if it was working. Hair loss is caused by many different reasons. If your hair is falling out but you don’t have a fungal problem, inflammation or a nutritional deficiency this product probably won’t do much for your hair.
- It can dry out your hair if you don’t use conditioner with it. A small percentage of people complained that when they didn’t use conditioner after using this shampoo, their hair became dry. Depending on your hair type, you may need to use a conditioner with this product to prevent dryness.
How to Use Lipogaine Big 3
First, wet your hair and apply the shampoo and then lather. Rinse until you can’t see or feel any bubbles. For best results, the makers of Lipogaine recommend that you apply a second lather after rinsing out the first one.
Because this product contains many powerful ingredients, limit yourself to three washes per week. Most people who used Lipogaine Big 3 started seeing noticeable results after about three months of regular use. A single 8-ounce bottle should be enough for three months worth of hair washing.
It’s hard to argue with the science behind this product. Lipogaine chose three main tried-and-true ingredients when they created this shampoo, so it’s no surprise that so many people saw results.
There’s nothing particularly innovative or special about this shampoo. It doesn’t contain any Chinese herbs or exotic plant oils. However, if you are looking for a way to treat scalp inflammation, biotin deficiency or kill scalp fungus this shampoo will get the job done.
Men often lose hair because of hormonal imbalances. Too much testosterone can increase the levels of DHT circulating in your blood stream. DHT causes hair follicles on the scalp to shrivel up and die. If you have high levels of DHT, you’ll need a product with minoxidil in it to achieve hormonal balance.
The makers of Lipogaine sells a minoxidil product called The makers of Lipogaine for Men. According to the reviews, men in the early stages of male pattern baldness who used Lipogaine Big 3 in combination with Lipogaine for Men successfully regrew a substantial amount of hair.